Read Verses: Revelation 12:7-12
Key Verse: “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.
My mother and myself like to play games together. When I was younger she used to chide me while we were playing. She'd get a good hand at cribbage that I helped with and she'd say "atta boy Jamey, feeding your mother I see...can't help it I see...do it again." Ooooooh, that used to get me so angry, so I would play harder and try to out think her...make even a bigger mistake. She was bigger than life and always seem to beat me. But looking back on it, I was letting her chiding get to me.
Life is like that. Prayer is like that. We have an enemy, Satan. He's a crafty old buzzard, and he knows our buttons. He tries to push them every chance he gets. He really starts accusing us whenever we try and get things resolved in our lives. We are ready for a breakthrough, and there he is on the sidelines telling us what a loser we are. You can't do it Jimmy boy...you can't stick to anything...you'll blow it again, God knows that....why bother cause everyone is judging you...go ahead and try but you're gonna fail...you're not smart enough...you're not good enough...you're a failure...you're hopeless...ON AND ON IT GOES. You can hear all the lies in the back of your head, yeah, all day long they nag at you and make you feel powerless to change.
My mother taught me an important lesson, you need to stop listening to the chiding of the enemy. You need to stop being discouraged. You need to stop letting the enemy force your hand and cause you to make mistakes. There are forces at work to make your life miserable. You need to identify those forces and overcome them, or they will try and block you from receiving God's grace.
Satan wants to discourage you, and get you busy with anything other than what can really bring true healing to your soul. He wants to keep you away from God...he wants to keep you away from the living water that refreshes your soul....the living bread which satisfies your every longing. He wants to keep you away from church and especially away from prayer. If he can keep you away from those things, he'll stop you from growing and experiencing true freedom...the kind of freedom that Jesus has for all of us once we get past all of Satan's lies and schemes. What does Satan do to try and keep you away from God's throne of grace???
1) He can try and trap you in emotional turmoil...you'll say to yourself "I can't fight this", "This problem is too big, I'll have it for life", "Well, I got what I deserved, now I eat my just desserts". Oh there is no end to how he tries to discourage us. But know this...God is the God of healing, and miracles, and encouragement, and joy, and peace. God may have an answer for you just two prayers away, God knows it, Satan knows it...but here you are in the middle ready to give up. Don't give up, allow God to bring healing.
2) He can try to make you feel less than you are. "Oh, God won't listen to me, I am nobody." "God doesn't have time for me" "I don't have enough faith" "I'm not good enough." Hey, you are the apple of God's eye...you always have been. God will receive you like he receives his own Son. Once you have been adopted into His family you have the same rights and privileges everyone else has. God's not the one putting you down...think about that. He has only good in store. Maybe you've been around the wrong kind of people who like to judge you, but that isn't who God is. And you need to find our more about Him. He is awesome in his love and care for His children.
3) He'll try and get your mind off of divine help and get you thinking about something less powerful and life changing. He'll tell you that you can fix it on your own. He'll tell you that Jesus can't fix you, you need a new car, a new husband/wife, and new life. Maybe you think if you ignore it, the problem will go away. Go back to school...get a pilots license...take your mind off things. There are a million distractions...none of which work better than a hug from Jesus. Satan will stop at nothing to get you to chase an empty rabbit trail when you really need to spend time with your Heavenly Father.
Here's the truth...the thief (Satan) has come to steal kill and destroy. He wants to do that to everyone. Jesus came that we might have life, and that we would have life to the full. Now, you can let the thief rob you blind, or you can come back to God and invest some of your time in Him. He's got a proven track record at changing hearts and lives.
Where does the battle begin...it begins with a choice...Do you want to experience freedom and joy in your life? Then learn to walk with God. Do you want to fill your life with empty events which rob you of your time...walk with anyone other than God. Satan will keep you busy, might keep your mind occupied...but deep down, DEEP DOWN, are you really experiencing life to the full? Or are you just settling for something less. Satan is an accuser, he always wants you to feel like your not worth it...God says you are worth it.........who you gonna believe. Prayer is the place to do battle. Its war out there...you know it, I know it.....take up the battle cry, and come into God's presence. In his presence you'll find all the grace you need, and the false accusations will lose their power
Lord Jesus, as I draw near to you, I ask that you quiet my mind by Your Spirit. I want to know you more and draw closer to you. I want my mind to be free of all the lies the enemy has been telling me for years. In your power heal me and fill me with your Spirit. Silence the enemy in my life. Let me hear your voice and the sweet sound of freedom in your presence. Jesus, you are my Lord, you are my God, I commit my life to you and I renounce all the lies of the enemy. Work a miracle in my life by transforming me into the likeness of you. Lord make me like you, just make me like you. AMEN
Key Verse: “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.
My mother and myself like to play games together. When I was younger she used to chide me while we were playing. She'd get a good hand at cribbage that I helped with and she'd say "atta boy Jamey, feeding your mother I see...can't help it I see...do it again." Ooooooh, that used to get me so angry, so I would play harder and try to out think her...make even a bigger mistake. She was bigger than life and always seem to beat me. But looking back on it, I was letting her chiding get to me.
Life is like that. Prayer is like that. We have an enemy, Satan. He's a crafty old buzzard, and he knows our buttons. He tries to push them every chance he gets. He really starts accusing us whenever we try and get things resolved in our lives. We are ready for a breakthrough, and there he is on the sidelines telling us what a loser we are. You can't do it Jimmy boy...you can't stick to anything...you'll blow it again, God knows that....why bother cause everyone is judging you...go ahead and try but you're gonna fail...you're not smart enough...you're not good enough...you're a failure...you're hopeless...ON AND ON IT GOES. You can hear all the lies in the back of your head, yeah, all day long they nag at you and make you feel powerless to change.
My mother taught me an important lesson, you need to stop listening to the chiding of the enemy. You need to stop being discouraged. You need to stop letting the enemy force your hand and cause you to make mistakes. There are forces at work to make your life miserable. You need to identify those forces and overcome them, or they will try and block you from receiving God's grace.
Satan wants to discourage you, and get you busy with anything other than what can really bring true healing to your soul. He wants to keep you away from God...he wants to keep you away from the living water that refreshes your soul....the living bread which satisfies your every longing. He wants to keep you away from church and especially away from prayer. If he can keep you away from those things, he'll stop you from growing and experiencing true freedom...the kind of freedom that Jesus has for all of us once we get past all of Satan's lies and schemes. What does Satan do to try and keep you away from God's throne of grace???
1) He can try and trap you in emotional turmoil...you'll say to yourself "I can't fight this", "This problem is too big, I'll have it for life", "Well, I got what I deserved, now I eat my just desserts". Oh there is no end to how he tries to discourage us. But know this...God is the God of healing, and miracles, and encouragement, and joy, and peace. God may have an answer for you just two prayers away, God knows it, Satan knows it...but here you are in the middle ready to give up. Don't give up, allow God to bring healing.
2) He can try to make you feel less than you are. "Oh, God won't listen to me, I am nobody." "God doesn't have time for me" "I don't have enough faith" "I'm not good enough." Hey, you are the apple of God's eye...you always have been. God will receive you like he receives his own Son. Once you have been adopted into His family you have the same rights and privileges everyone else has. God's not the one putting you down...think about that. He has only good in store. Maybe you've been around the wrong kind of people who like to judge you, but that isn't who God is. And you need to find our more about Him. He is awesome in his love and care for His children.
3) He'll try and get your mind off of divine help and get you thinking about something less powerful and life changing. He'll tell you that you can fix it on your own. He'll tell you that Jesus can't fix you, you need a new car, a new husband/wife, and new life. Maybe you think if you ignore it, the problem will go away. Go back to school...get a pilots license...take your mind off things. There are a million distractions...none of which work better than a hug from Jesus. Satan will stop at nothing to get you to chase an empty rabbit trail when you really need to spend time with your Heavenly Father.
Here's the truth...the thief (Satan) has come to steal kill and destroy. He wants to do that to everyone. Jesus came that we might have life, and that we would have life to the full. Now, you can let the thief rob you blind, or you can come back to God and invest some of your time in Him. He's got a proven track record at changing hearts and lives.
Where does the battle begin...it begins with a choice...Do you want to experience freedom and joy in your life? Then learn to walk with God. Do you want to fill your life with empty events which rob you of your time...walk with anyone other than God. Satan will keep you busy, might keep your mind occupied...but deep down, DEEP DOWN, are you really experiencing life to the full? Or are you just settling for something less. Satan is an accuser, he always wants you to feel like your not worth it...God says you are worth it.........who you gonna believe. Prayer is the place to do battle. Its war out there...you know it, I know it.....take up the battle cry, and come into God's presence. In his presence you'll find all the grace you need, and the false accusations will lose their power
Lord Jesus, as I draw near to you, I ask that you quiet my mind by Your Spirit. I want to know you more and draw closer to you. I want my mind to be free of all the lies the enemy has been telling me for years. In your power heal me and fill me with your Spirit. Silence the enemy in my life. Let me hear your voice and the sweet sound of freedom in your presence. Jesus, you are my Lord, you are my God, I commit my life to you and I renounce all the lies of the enemy. Work a miracle in my life by transforming me into the likeness of you. Lord make me like you, just make me like you. AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment