Read Verses: Job 38:1-7
Key Verse:“Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
Lets go back to the story of Job. What a trial that man went through, and the questions he had...wow. What would we have done in his shoes? Well, life has a way of throwing us a curve ball, and we need to find ways of dealing with that curve ball. I've talked to a lot of people over the years, all kinds of problems...all kinds of damage. Here is what I know...we all struggle with the mysteries of life and how to handle it all. What advice do you have to the woman in abuse, to the child facing racism at school, to the child of alcoholic parents, the the cancer victim...shall I go on. Look around, you'll see meaninglessness everywhere. Very few people get through life unscathed. Job was one of those people who had the stuffing beat out of him by life. And at every turn, he was praying, lifting up his heart to God.
Job was looking for answers...answers that never came. The longer answers don't come, the more it seems like our hearts get discouraged (Proverbs 13:12) Can you imagine how discouraged Job could have been? Wonder how many times he really thought how hopeless his situation was? But he went on didn't he? He made it to the end, and so can we. How long did his trial go on? Who knows, but it always seems like one more day is one more day too much, doesn't it? My advice, don't give up on God good Christian brother or sister. Let God be in control. He has the stopwatch, everything ends and it always seems darkest right before dawn. Have to fear, this too shall end.
Be like Job who keep praying and praying and kept on holding on. Would have been easy to quit in his case...maybe yours too. But don't quit. I don't know if you have ever thought about this, but when we are tempted to "quit" we are saying many things. Giving up says a lot about us, I wonder if you can see your attitudes with God in your attitudes with other people? Time to grow
One...we may be attempting to punish God for taking so long...trying to manipulate him into granting your request. God, I am giving up, it isn't working, you're not listening. Do you know what happens when WE try to control God? You are generally speaking, wasting your time. But more importantly, you are giving up on the freedom that Christ died to give you. You see, in order to be truly free, you need to give up your need to control others...including self.....including God. How many of us miss this golden lesson in life because we are too busy trying to control those around us...our spouses...our kids...our friends...our families...our environment? When we control, we lose control...and never quite get to that awesome place of trusting God. He only becomes another "entity" to control. Do you really think you can control things better than God can?
Two...we are implying we know more than God. How you ask? By giving up you are saying this: "God, if it were me I would have already answered." Listen to what one commentator says: "You imply you are kinder than God (If I were God I'd answer this immediately), smarter than God (If I were God I'd answer it this particular way, or greater than God (I have the right to be angry with God)."
In a sense, that was Job's problem. He was coming pretty close to the place where he was telling God: "I can run the universe better". What does God do, he comes to Job and says "Let me ask you a question". Prayer helps us focus. God will bring about justice for his loved ones (Luke 18:7-8) He cares about you more than you can ever know. You just need to give God a chance. And keep hanging on. Don't give up no matter what. GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. That was his message to Job. That is always his message..."I run the universe, I know what is on your heart little child, trust me." Perhaps you're praying for someone else to change...well, God knows...give him time to change their heart and show them the emptiness of their ways.
Lord Jesus, I trust you and your infinite knowledge of my life and the universe. Help me to trust in your knowledge. Too often I want to be in control, maybe too often I have tried to tell you the best way to do things. Forgive me for my pride. Open my eyes that I may not obscure your plan in my life. Let me see clearly the things of the kingdom, and rule in my heart. Give me a heart which can persevere and see that your timing is always right. Use me to further your kingdom. AMEN
Key Verse:“Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
Lets go back to the story of Job. What a trial that man went through, and the questions he had...wow. What would we have done in his shoes? Well, life has a way of throwing us a curve ball, and we need to find ways of dealing with that curve ball. I've talked to a lot of people over the years, all kinds of problems...all kinds of damage. Here is what I know...we all struggle with the mysteries of life and how to handle it all. What advice do you have to the woman in abuse, to the child facing racism at school, to the child of alcoholic parents, the the cancer victim...shall I go on. Look around, you'll see meaninglessness everywhere. Very few people get through life unscathed. Job was one of those people who had the stuffing beat out of him by life. And at every turn, he was praying, lifting up his heart to God.
Job was looking for answers...answers that never came. The longer answers don't come, the more it seems like our hearts get discouraged (Proverbs 13:12) Can you imagine how discouraged Job could have been? Wonder how many times he really thought how hopeless his situation was? But he went on didn't he? He made it to the end, and so can we. How long did his trial go on? Who knows, but it always seems like one more day is one more day too much, doesn't it? My advice, don't give up on God good Christian brother or sister. Let God be in control. He has the stopwatch, everything ends and it always seems darkest right before dawn. Have to fear, this too shall end.
Be like Job who keep praying and praying and kept on holding on. Would have been easy to quit in his case...maybe yours too. But don't quit. I don't know if you have ever thought about this, but when we are tempted to "quit" we are saying many things. Giving up says a lot about us, I wonder if you can see your attitudes with God in your attitudes with other people? Time to grow
One...we may be attempting to punish God for taking so long...trying to manipulate him into granting your request. God, I am giving up, it isn't working, you're not listening. Do you know what happens when WE try to control God? You are generally speaking, wasting your time. But more importantly, you are giving up on the freedom that Christ died to give you. You see, in order to be truly free, you need to give up your need to control others...including self.....including God. How many of us miss this golden lesson in life because we are too busy trying to control those around us...our spouses...our kids...our friends...our families...our environment? When we control, we lose control...and never quite get to that awesome place of trusting God. He only becomes another "entity" to control. Do you really think you can control things better than God can?
Two...we are implying we know more than God. How you ask? By giving up you are saying this: "God, if it were me I would have already answered." Listen to what one commentator says: "You imply you are kinder than God (If I were God I'd answer this immediately), smarter than God (If I were God I'd answer it this particular way, or greater than God (I have the right to be angry with God)."
In a sense, that was Job's problem. He was coming pretty close to the place where he was telling God: "I can run the universe better". What does God do, he comes to Job and says "Let me ask you a question". Prayer helps us focus. God will bring about justice for his loved ones (Luke 18:7-8) He cares about you more than you can ever know. You just need to give God a chance. And keep hanging on. Don't give up no matter what. GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. That was his message to Job. That is always his message..."I run the universe, I know what is on your heart little child, trust me." Perhaps you're praying for someone else to change...well, God knows...give him time to change their heart and show them the emptiness of their ways.
Lord Jesus, I trust you and your infinite knowledge of my life and the universe. Help me to trust in your knowledge. Too often I want to be in control, maybe too often I have tried to tell you the best way to do things. Forgive me for my pride. Open my eyes that I may not obscure your plan in my life. Let me see clearly the things of the kingdom, and rule in my heart. Give me a heart which can persevere and see that your timing is always right. Use me to further your kingdom. AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment