Read Verses: 2 Timothy 1:6-12
Key Verse: That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
So your prayers aren't being answered. We seem to keep coming back to this topic...it is a big one isn't it. Well, we keep coming back to it cause there is so much to know. Too often we think we need to convince God that our problems are real. "God, look at the mess I am in, can't you see...why doesn't it bother you that I am suffering like this." We've all been there. You know, God knows all about your problems, he saw them long ago before you even realized they were on the way. Your problem(s) don't surprise God...they may surprise you...but not Him.
So, you may be asking...if he knows all this, why isn't he fixing it? Why does it feel that God is putting my life on hold? Well think about this...You want an answer to prayer, but at what expense? \What's the cost for your answered prayer? Maybe you don't get where I am going...You want a solution to your problem...God has a plan and a purpose for you, and the world. What happens when these two ideas collide? What's His purpose and His plan? You may have never asked that question, but ask it now. What is his purpose for you? Here is where two worlds collide.
God's purpose for you is that you would come to know him more deeply while your problem persists. You may have no interest in knowing God more deeply, or maybe you want to do it on your own terms...See, you just want a resolution to your problem. You just want a fix. God's looking for more, he wants a relationship. He wants all the turmoil in life caused by sin to cause us to draw closer to Him. His grace is all we need. Here there is one of our problems...we see our problems and the resulting unanswered prayer as an obstacle. Really its an opportunity to draw closer to God and learn more about his Grace and Mercy, about his timing, about FAITH. The problems you face are opportunities to know more about God, and His purpose for you. Maybe he wants to mature you to be more like Christ. Maybe he is working on getting you more committed so you can use your gifts in ministry. Well, you get my meaning. You eyes are on the present, fix this problem now because I am uncomfortable. God's eyes are on something else, giving you an authentic Abba Father experience.
A relationship with God takes a long time...just like any good relationship. Take a husband and a wife. Years of trusting each other and depending on each other in good times and bad times go into making a good marriage. What happens when one partner says to the other partner....hey, fix this now. You can imagine what happens when one person is the fixitall person and the other one just keeps asking and asking but never putting their fair share into a relationship. It works that way with God as well.
Too often we lose patience with what God is trying to do in us and through us. We decide its because we don't have enough faith, or our method is wrong, or .....??? On and on it goes...perhaps a new church will help? Maybe I need to cast out some demons? Or Plead the blood of Jesus, or come more boldly into God's presence and demand. Maybe you can explain to him again just exactly what the problem is, cause obviously He doesn't get it.
I guess we can stop at this point and ask one big important question: "Do you trust God, that he knows what he is doing in your life?" It really comes down to that. When problems hit, our first response should be to God - "Lord, work through me to reveal yourself in this situation. Change me and not necessarily my circumstance. Make me victorious over each and every situation through the development of my character...not by making it easier on me." Easy fixes sometimes create shallow relationships. Persevering through the storm creates an experienced hardened sailor. Victory over the small things give opportunities to be victorious over bigger things. Any way you slice it, prayer can turn a passing trial into a great opportunity for growth. Go forth and grow.
Lord Jesus, sometimes I can't see past the inconvenience of the problem in my life. They seem to rise up and choke my walk with you. I don't want to be the kind of plant that constantly struggles with the worries and cares of life. Make me more, bring me to the place where I am producing all kinds of fruit in the kingdom....maybe 60 times, even a hundred times more fruit. Grow my character, make me more like Christ...draw me closer to you...cause my eyes to see more than my present place in life and all the associated problems. I wan to rise up and be victorious over self, and experience the new life you purchased for me on the cross. AMEN
Key Verse: That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
So your prayers aren't being answered. We seem to keep coming back to this topic...it is a big one isn't it. Well, we keep coming back to it cause there is so much to know. Too often we think we need to convince God that our problems are real. "God, look at the mess I am in, can't you see...why doesn't it bother you that I am suffering like this." We've all been there. You know, God knows all about your problems, he saw them long ago before you even realized they were on the way. Your problem(s) don't surprise God...they may surprise you...but not Him.
So, you may be asking...if he knows all this, why isn't he fixing it? Why does it feel that God is putting my life on hold? Well think about this...You want an answer to prayer, but at what expense? \What's the cost for your answered prayer? Maybe you don't get where I am going...You want a solution to your problem...God has a plan and a purpose for you, and the world. What happens when these two ideas collide? What's His purpose and His plan? You may have never asked that question, but ask it now. What is his purpose for you? Here is where two worlds collide.
God's purpose for you is that you would come to know him more deeply while your problem persists. You may have no interest in knowing God more deeply, or maybe you want to do it on your own terms...See, you just want a resolution to your problem. You just want a fix. God's looking for more, he wants a relationship. He wants all the turmoil in life caused by sin to cause us to draw closer to Him. His grace is all we need. Here there is one of our problems...we see our problems and the resulting unanswered prayer as an obstacle. Really its an opportunity to draw closer to God and learn more about his Grace and Mercy, about his timing, about FAITH. The problems you face are opportunities to know more about God, and His purpose for you. Maybe he wants to mature you to be more like Christ. Maybe he is working on getting you more committed so you can use your gifts in ministry. Well, you get my meaning. You eyes are on the present, fix this problem now because I am uncomfortable. God's eyes are on something else, giving you an authentic Abba Father experience.
A relationship with God takes a long time...just like any good relationship. Take a husband and a wife. Years of trusting each other and depending on each other in good times and bad times go into making a good marriage. What happens when one partner says to the other partner....hey, fix this now. You can imagine what happens when one person is the fixitall person and the other one just keeps asking and asking but never putting their fair share into a relationship. It works that way with God as well.
Too often we lose patience with what God is trying to do in us and through us. We decide its because we don't have enough faith, or our method is wrong, or .....??? On and on it goes...perhaps a new church will help? Maybe I need to cast out some demons? Or Plead the blood of Jesus, or come more boldly into God's presence and demand. Maybe you can explain to him again just exactly what the problem is, cause obviously He doesn't get it.
I guess we can stop at this point and ask one big important question: "Do you trust God, that he knows what he is doing in your life?" It really comes down to that. When problems hit, our first response should be to God - "Lord, work through me to reveal yourself in this situation. Change me and not necessarily my circumstance. Make me victorious over each and every situation through the development of my character...not by making it easier on me." Easy fixes sometimes create shallow relationships. Persevering through the storm creates an experienced hardened sailor. Victory over the small things give opportunities to be victorious over bigger things. Any way you slice it, prayer can turn a passing trial into a great opportunity for growth. Go forth and grow.
Lord Jesus, sometimes I can't see past the inconvenience of the problem in my life. They seem to rise up and choke my walk with you. I don't want to be the kind of plant that constantly struggles with the worries and cares of life. Make me more, bring me to the place where I am producing all kinds of fruit in the kingdom....maybe 60 times, even a hundred times more fruit. Grow my character, make me more like Christ...draw me closer to you...cause my eyes to see more than my present place in life and all the associated problems. I wan to rise up and be victorious over self, and experience the new life you purchased for me on the cross. AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment